[TYPO3-english] Re: Page rendering 3 x slower and 5 x more cpu used in TYPO3 6.2-dev

Kasper Ligaard kasperligaard+typo3.org at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 07:08:44 CEST 2013

I have also profiled with xdebug on my laptop and ALL the extra time, CPU and memory consumption seems to stem from TypoScriptParser->parseSub().

The problem appears to be that TypoScriptParser is doing all the work repeatedly on every page request, instead of only once and then fetching the from cache afterwards. The extra work seems to be the same as 4.7 when a page is first generated.

Which cache should TypoScriptParser->parse() store its result in?

I would suspect that either index_ts.php or TypoScriptFrontendController->getConfigArray() would be the places where the cached result was fetched, so that there wouldn't be any need to call TypoScriptParser->parse().

PS: Memory consumption is now 50% higher - from an average of 16MB per request to around 24MB per request.