[TYPO3-english] Page rendering 3 x slower and 5 x more cpu used in TYPO3 6.2-dev

Kasper Ligaard kasperligaard+typo3.org at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 22:33:51 CEST 2013

Last week I switched an installation from TYPO3 4.7 to 6.2-dev. My xhprof profiling data consistently show that page generation is not three times as slow (on average) and uses 5 times the CPU (again, on average). I see the same tendency on my laptop with a similat setup.

Comparing the profiling data from before the shift with the new ones, for the same pages, indicates that all the extra time is spent in TYPO3\CMS\Core\TypoScript\Parser\TypoScriptParser->parseSub().

I suspect I might have some misconfigured cache handling, but any ideas are much appreciated.