[TYPO3-english] Templavoila

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Thu Sep 19 02:54:10 CEST 2013

Thanks for letting us know Markus

It is mainly a communicational Problem as we simply did not hear or read
any message that a patch has been applied and is ready for testing!
I guess those 40 other people simply don't know about it either. But you
are absolutely right about what you said as you are only one of many with
similar experiences and many of them already left TYPO3 to focus on
usability for their customers rather than waiting that TYPO3 will be much
more than a developer tool for the rich!

"Very disappointing in terms of community!"
"We put millions of dollars and thousands of dollars to try to turn the
TYPO3 ship and it made just a little difference"
"Well, we have sold TYPO3 to many churches over the years and very few love
it and most have dumped it and got to WordPress or something else. That is
just the truth"
"Yes, we lose some great features when we don't use TYPO3 but TYPO3 is all
about features and not about the users"
"Why not go to WordPress and get work done instead of fighting the tool to
do the work"
"I don't think they TYPO3 developers want TYPO3 to be easy because they
will lose development money it remains a paid website developer tool for
people who sell fancy websites to others and make lots of money."
"Setting up a Drupal base site gives you a result you can continue to work
for your project in minutes while TYPO3 often blocks you right at the
installation process"
"TYPO3 is a great tool for those who don't want to do fancy things with
their websites. You have much more flexibility in Drupal 7 and since big
NGOs and Governments switched to Drupal it is are very secure tool. In
Drupal 8 even Frontend Editing is coming so Editors don't have anymore the
need of a page tree as they can edit their content right in place - inline!"
"To be honest I would say, the TYPO3 Community has let us down."
"At Typo3 they don't give a rats ass about user friendlyness. Neither for
developers nor for editors. That's why it losing market share so fast, it's
not competitive anymore with the likes of Drupal or Wordpress."
and you will find many more

TYPO3 has actually since beginning a nice slogan "Inspire to share" and the
Drupal community has brought it to what could be since years already in
TYPO3 - They are talking about the Drupal ECO System. and believe me it is
a real great experiencing it as it is real and not NATO like at TYPO3. (No
Action Talk Only).

Never mind we have not given up TYPO3 completely.
So let's have a look to the patch!

Thanks for your work!

Andi