[TYPO3-english] Front-End FE Login Auth Via URL HTTP Credentials

Louis Coppola lcoppola at ga-institute.com
Thu Sep 19 01:29:27 CEST 2013

It seems like this would be very simple but I have searched for a couple of
hours now and can not find any info on how to accomplish this.

I need to be able to log a front end FE user into a typo3 site with the
credentials being in the URL.

I looked through the list and the extension repository and can not find
anything that would accomplish this.

It could be something like:
http://user:password@website.com/

Or could be

http://website.com/index.php?id=23&user=user&pass=pass

I have tried several that I have seen in other posts like this:
http://www.website.com/index.php?id=154&logintype=login&user=user&pass=pass

None of these work for me and I can not find an extension that enables this.

Thanks for any help and pointers.

Lou