[TYPO3-english] Calculated absolute paths get messed up / cut off by wrong relative path part

Alexander Kuemmel alexander.kuemmel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 10:20:57 CEST 2013

Hi folks,

I have a problem with my local installation regarding the calculation of
absolute paths.

If I try to browse the Frontend of TYPO3 i see:
Calculated absolute path to t3lib directory does not exist.

My installation is stored in:
/srv/www/t3_6cms/

I use a TYPO3 6.1.6-dev on Apache 2.22 with PHP 5.4.4.

I checked the SystemEnvironmentBuilder.php for the error message and echoed
the respective constant "PATH_t3lib", with the result of:
/srv/www/t3t3lib

I checked the SystemEnvironmentBuilder::getPathSiteByRelativePathPart
method and saw, that the $relativePathPart for the Frontend is 'typo3/',
though exactly this 6 characters get cut off from the variable
$entryScriptDirectory, resulting in my messed up path constant PATH_site.

The same thing apparently works for the Backend and InstallTool, the
relative path parts are ok and included in the $entryScriptDirectory value.
So the PATH_site constant is correct.

The InstallTool's "Generate random key" button seems to use a different
script entry than the InstallTool itself, which results also in the
aforementioned path error message.

Do you guys have any suggestions what to do?

I appreciate your help.

Kind regards,
Alexander Kuemmel.