[TYPO3-english] Language Switch

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Mon Sep 16 00:30:10 CEST 2013

Am 16.09.2013 00:16, schrieb Miguel:
> Hello everyone !
> I'm trying to create a language switch with personal images that makes
> possible to change the website language in the frontend (i already
> defined the languages and the alternative language pages). However,
> the images do not do anything, they do not change the language, so i
> want to know if this is possible without using sr_language_menu...
>
> Here it is a link with the HTML code from my template:
> http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7438/zzm4.png
>
> And now a link to my typoscript code:
> http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4386/2ypa.png
>

> Glad for the attention, kind regards
Hi Miguel,

In your TS there is no part that would load the pictures from anywhere
or wrap them with the right parameters to generate the appropriate links
etc... let me see... this works for me in one installation... (part of
the TS)

config.linkVars = L
config.sys_language_uid = 1
config.language = de
config.htmlTag_langKey = de
config.locale_all = de_DE

[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
config.sys_language_uid = 1
config.language = de
config.htmlTag_langKey = de
config.locale_all = de_DE
[global]

[globalVar = GP:L = 4]
config.sys_language_uid = 4
config.language = en
config.htmlTag_langKey = en
config.locale_all = en_GB
[global]

temp.langmenu = COA
temp.langmenu {
     10 = TEXT
     10 {
         value = Sprache
         lang.de = Sprache
         lang.en = Language
         wrap = <li> | </li>
     }
     20 = HMENU
     20 {
         special = language
         special.value = 1,4
         1 = GMENU
         1 {
             NO = 1
             NO {
                 allWrap = <li> | </li>
                 XY = 25,15
                 10 = IMAGE
                 10.file = fileadmin/ee_pics/de.gif ||
fileadmin/ee_pics/gb.gif
             }
             ACT < .NO
             ACT = 1
             ACT {
                 NOLINK = 1
             }
         }
     }
}

(The installation is ready to use Spanish and Russian as well...)

You don't need any extension for that.

HTH Peter

--

http://function2form.net
http://peter-kuehnlein.net

"When I faced the enemy, of course it is like being in the dark. But if I tranquilize my mind, it becomes like a night lit by a pale moon. If I begin my attack from that point, I feel as though I will not be wounded."
(Hagakure)