[TYPO3-english] news display originally chosen category in list view

Muriel le Pair typo3 at strangefruit.nl
Thu Sep 12 15:39:47 CEST 2013

Hi,

If someone choose a specific category I would like to display the
originally chosen category above the list of items that are displayed by
the news extension.

Seems simple.. If only I knew how.

tx_news has been set to display all records that are listed under
subcategories.

So for instance if someone chooses [overwriteDemand][categories]=3 I
would like to display the name of category 3 instead of the name of the
first category of the first item listed (like in the example below).
Is that possible?

<f:if condition="{itemIteration.isFirst}">
    <h3>{newsItem.firstCategory.title}</h3>
</f:if>

--
kind regards,