[TYPO3-english] brute force attacks on backend

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Thu Sep 12 06:45:59 CEST 2013

Am 12.09.2013 06:37, schrieb Stephan Bernhard:
> hi list
>
> since yesterday morning i suffer from continuous brute force attacks
> with varying IPs on the backend (not FE).
>
> it seems that there is no EXT to stop those IPs from inside a
> TYPO3-installation, right?
>
> thanks for any hint and help
>
> stephan
hi stephan,

if you are using a single (range of) ips to access the backend yourself,
you might try to use the .htaccess with a

order:deny,allow
deny:all
allow:IP(RANGE)

for the backend... not sure how it would have to look like exactly (you
will need some more lines and make sure not to block access to the
frontend), but this would seem to be the obvious to me.

be safe
peter

--

http://function2form.net
http://peter-kuehnlein.net

"Matters of small concern should be treated seriously."
(Hagakure)