[TYPO3-english] Templavoila

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Thu Sep 12 01:37:12 CEST 2013

Hi Dmitry

I totally agree with you. TemplaVoila is still the best Templating Engine
for TYPO3.

By the way our Interns checked in the last two weeks several Job offers and
only ONE was NOT mentioning TemplaVoila. All others had build their recent
sites using TemplaVoila and they were very happy with it and worried that
it won't work anymore in 6+.

THEMES is getting pretty near and will be later on the best replacement for
TemplaVoila but as the necesseray Core Patches are still pending and not
included since months it is blocking the process for a great replacement.
The same actually happens to the multishop which is a great shop and also
gets blocked by a line of code which does not get included until now.

By the way IMHO TemplaVoila is not only the best templating engine for
TYPO3, it is actually the best Templating Engine ever invented for a CMS
(which is TYPO3). Even Drupal 8 with Twix won't reach the usability and
templating with the Framework for TemplaVoila! But Drupal is catching up
very fast with all other kind of features TYPO3 was keeping a number ne
position in since years! It is such a pity to see the delays in TYPO3 which
really gives no feeling of "Inspire to share or an ECO-System - which is
working perfect in the Drupal Community!" Very sad!

Andi