[TYPO3-english] Analysing performance problems

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 08:41:01 CEST 2013

Hi!

Graham Knight wrote:
> I am experiencing occasional periods of very poor performance on a TYPO3
> (4.5.22) site. When this occurs pages may take up to a minute to be
> delivered. Both normal pages and the TYPO3 backend seem equally
> affected. This does not seem to be a network problem - the time seems to
> be lost at the server. I do not have command line access so the main
> diagnostic tools I have are those provided by TYPO3 itself. I have read
> several articles on TYPO3 performance tuning but these invariably refer
> to tools I am not able to use. The hosting company is not very helpful ...

Besides changing the hosting, you can go to phpMyAdmin and check table
types. If you have only MyISAM, that would mean you have no InnoDb and you
are locking each cache table on every request. That would kill (not make
worse but kill) performance. This would be the first thing to start with.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Today is a good day to have a good day.