[TYPO3-english] Extbase -> reduce queries in m:m relations

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Mon Sep 9 22:48:59 CEST 2013

Hi Robert,

Robert Wildling wrote:

> @lazy loading: I have to admit that I do not really grasp the concept of
> lazy loading. To my knowledge this technique helps to load information
> only then, when it is needed, like stuff for the detail view, when it is
> called from a list view with a specific id.
>
> But if it does NOT work like that and only necessary fields are fetched
> even on the list page, then I wonder: how does extbase know, which
> fields are needed? By "parsing" the fluid template?

Lazy loading puts in a proxy class that will be replaced by the real class
once it is needed. Thus when your model is constructed, the related models
do not need to be fetched, but the model is fully functional.

There is not much magic, besides the automatic replacement by the real
object once try to access one of it properties or methods.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!