[TYPO3-english] Analysing performance problems

Graham Knight graham.knight5 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 16:41:48 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am experiencing occasional periods of very poor performance on a TYPO3 (4.5.22) site. When this occurs pages may take up to a minute to be delivered. Both normal pages and the TYPO3 backend seem equally affected. This does not seem to be a network problem - the time seems to be lost at the server. I do not have command line access so the main diagnostic tools I have are those provided by TYPO3 itself. I have read several articles on TYPO3 performance tuning but these invariably refer to tools I am not able to use. The hosting company is not very helpful ...

I would be very grateful for any suggestions of where to look for problems and, perhaps, how best to use TYPO3 logging tools to locate the problem. I have been using the Admin Panel to try see where the delays occur. Is there documentation somewhere on this? For example, in the Typoscript section, what is the meaning of the columns "Time" "Own" and "Sub"?

Graham Knight