[TYPO3-english] No BE Login in 4.5 under Windows after converting to salted passwords

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Sun Sep 8 01:06:44 CEST 2013

Hi,

i had a similar issue sometime ago.

Use a editor to edit your localconf, remove all rsa options in the login
section (you may do that with the installtool as well).
Afterwards create a new admin login and you should be fine.

Regards
Kay

Am 07.09.13 12:41, schrieb rsbrux:
> Because the status report kept complaining about our insecure use of
> "unsalted" MD5 hash passwords in the backend (BE) of Typo3 (running
> under Windows 7), I tried accepting its suggestion to convert to salted
> passwords (fortunately in our test environment).  Everything appeared to
> go well, but afterwards I was no longer able to login to the BE (I tried
> two different accounts).  Both openSSL and rsaauth are loaded, and I
> didn't notice any error messages anywhere, but I don't have logs anymore
> as I needed the test environment for other purposes and made a new copy
> from the production environment.
> Before I try this again:
> 1. I naively assumed that the provided task for switching on salted
> passwords would take care of everything.  Are there any other steps I
> should have done after executing it?
> 2. Is there anything peculiar to the use of Typo3 under Windows, which
> the task may not have handled properly?   php.ini seems to have all of
> the correct/necessary parameters for OpenSSL.
> 3. Is there some diagnostic procedure I can use on the next attempt to
> make sure that salted passwords have been correctly configured (and to
> find out what is missing in case they aren't) before logging out of the
> BE and finding myself unable to log back in?

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach