[TYPO3-english] Varnish TYPO3 lockSSL=3

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Sat Sep 7 00:39:10 CEST 2013

Am 06.09.13 23:22, schrieb Sergey Alexandrov:

> It's the simplest one (no caching set yet). Apache is listening on the
> 192.168.56.101:8080
> As far as I understand it passes 443 directly to Apache, right?
> Forgot to mention Apache virtual hosts - maybe here's an issue?

My Setup looks like this:

NGINX -> Varnish -> Apache

Basicly NGINX does the SSL offloading and the sends everything to
varnish via http and further to apache.

you will need two server setup sections. one for 80 and one for 443

There a plenty of nginx configs around for TYPO3 with NGINX,Varnish &
Apache.

Please check for the usage of proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto https;

proxy_set_header  X-Real-IP  $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header  X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
proxy_redirect off;
proxy_max_temp_file_size 0;

Hope this is helpfull for you.