[TYPO3-english] Re: FAL images using basicoverlayPalette in TYPO3 backend (6.0.3)

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 15:54:11 CEST 2013

We've also faced same problem, but later realied, taht this is not a bug, but feature ;)

When you add an image via FAL to some record, you can edit title, description etc. they are stored within that record (in sys_file_reference table), while filepath itself is stored in sys_file. That fact allows you to re-use same file multiple times in different records.
Now imagine, tah tyou're allowed to change filepath - this will lead to a situation, when you change sys_file record and therefore change filepath for all the instances, where file is used...

However, I still don't like current solution.

Maybe, workaround would be to allow to modify a filepth, but show a warning, if file is used somewhere else.