[TYPO3-english] Re: TYPO3 6.2 alpha 2 permissions problem

Den Denyer denyer at sozu.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 16:29:01 CEST 2013

I'm having similar issues with 6.2 alpha 2.

Installing on shared hosting where I have a bunch of 4.5 and 4.7 sites running happily without any unusual configuration.

On step 1 of the install tool, everything passes. I press the "next" button, and the following folders get updated with new permissions:

/  (Folder containing the site)
/typo3conf
/typo3temp
/fileadmin
/uploads

They're changed to drwxrws---

This then causes a whole heap of "cannot read file" errors due to permissions issues, either due to the server not liking the use of the sticky bit, or the --- "u" attributes causing directory access issues.

Obviously manually correcting for these permissions allows one to proceed, but I thought I'd also raise it.

I tried with the latest 6.1 branch and this issue does not exist. 6.2 Master however triggers these permissions changes.