[TYPO3-english] finding 3 character words in indexed search

Henjo Hoeksma hphoeksma at stylence.nl
Fri Oct 25 10:29:54 CEST 2013

Hi list,

one of my clients has noticed three letter words are not found in the indexed search index (while they are in the index) for some mysterious reason.
I've looked through the code and understand that technically it should be found.
The weird thing is that when there is a word that contains the three letter word, they are found...
Also . and - are being stripped of.

I have looked to find a place to manipulate how this works and trigger the three letter words to show up, but come up empty.

It's a 4.7.* install.

Anyone an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Henjo