[TYPO3-english] DIR include of TypoScript

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Oct 17 08:45:35 CEST 2013

Hi,

> By the way. The whole descussion wouldn´t have been come up if there
> just were no extension option :-). Just take anything that is in this
> folder - done.

<"officialStatement">

The option to filter by extension has been included exactly for the
purpose of covering as much use cases as possible. In TYPO3 we often
have many different ways of configuring something, with pros and cons
and the extended inclusion command serves this purpose of letting you
organize with different directories using whichever extension better
fits (e.g., ".ts") and/or filter by extension (e.g., because you may
have .ts and .txt in the directory or you prefer to have .ts<something>).

</"officialStatement">

Now a personal statement, AFAIK there is currently no "best practice"
documented. I would tend to write this best practice on docs.typo3.org
like that we recommend to separate concerns with different directories
(to be named with best practices as well) but we understand that
filtering by extension could make sense in some situations and this is
why there is this additional option now.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6