[TYPO3-english] DIR include of TypoScript

d.ros projects at r-system.de
Wed Oct 16 20:40:16 CEST 2013

Am 16.10.2013 18:09, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> Hi d.ros,
>
> d.ros wrote:
>
>> Nontheless the differentiation by filetype is plain not well thought.
>> Even if it is implemented for now.
>
> Ho ... who said this ;)

<sarcasmless> ME :-)) <sarcasmless>

>> A differentiation by usecase directive istead of an filextension would
>> be something that makes sense here because of the problem with the
>> CodeEditor software out there.
>
> <sarcasm> Really? </sarcasm>
>
>> so not to go with :
>>
>> <INCLUDE TYPOSCRIPT: source="DIR:fileadmin/default" extensions="ts-setup">
>>
>> but this:
>>
>> <INCLUDE TYPOSCRIPT: source="DIR:fileadmin/default" content="ts-setup">
>>
>> Would make sense.
>
> Senseless ... you differentiate by DB field already. No need to tell the
> system that it actually is inside a specific DB field.

You are right

>> Someone made the comparsion to CSV files in the german list iirc. CSV is
>> CSV and stays CSV. No matter what is in there.
>
> Same is true for TypoScript. It does not matter if it is for constants,
> setup, page or user, it is always parsed the same way with the very same
> parser.
> The only real difference is a different condition matcher for frontend and
> backend.
> That's is.
> The parser parses the TypoScript into a PHP array and then hands it over to
> the calling function, which in turn does something useful with it.
> TypoScript does not care what you write there, as long as you can somehow
> interpret it as TypoScript.
>
> Same is true for CSV files. I can open any CSV file into my spreadsheet
> application, because the format is important, not the content.
>
> Best regards

By the way. The whole descussion wouldn´t have been come up if there
just were no extension option :-). Just take anything that is in this
folder - done.

BTW: My Camelcase naming idea thingy is also quite nuts for windows
environments. . .

Sleep tight all . . . :-)

Cheers

David