[TYPO3-english] DIR include of TypoScript

Ralf-Rene Schröder ralf.rene at online.de
Wed Oct 16 19:10:18 CEST 2013

Am 16.10.2013 18:09, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> Same is true for TypoScript. It does not matter if it is for constants,
> setup, page or user, it is always parsed the same way with the very same
> parser.
nobody talks about parsing... i talk about a structured file handling...

an by the way, you attack d.ros ???
He has the same opinion as you, that my approach is wrong ???

here is my last attempt to explain to you what I meant and why ...
(i think you haven't realize the why)...

have a look an the introduction package
there are TWO independent foldertrees (one for TSconfig one for
Typoscript) ... all files are included by FILE include
OK, so it works,
but you have long loading files to include all needed .ts files manualy
put in a new extension wich is need "setup constants pageTSconfig" you
have to edit the loadig files...
think about a ready site with a bunch more extensions and many other
configuration files (for userTSconfig, pageTSconfig, setup and
constants), all distributed in a very grown foldertree... (many
possibilitys for typos between tree and the manual loading file)

WHEN you want to use the new DIR include (no more editing loading files)
then you have two possibilities
1.) an extra Tree for constants files (in my opinion very bad way)
2.) a differentiate by fileextension (as on typo3.org described)
>>> and here is MY opinion that it is better to give recomended
>>> fileextensions, than every integrator looks what he/she is thinking

by the second way you can have a very complex foldertree, and all files
that depends to one fileextension are loaded automaticly...

and more, you can get i.e. a folder of maybe seminars extension with
many configuration files in it (other names may be better, and the
fileextensions are this i personaly use at the Moment for me):
setup.t3setup
constants.t3const
pageTSconfig.t3pconf
userTSconfig.t3uconf
(for my personal workflow there are also folders for css, js, etc. in
it, but this is a my personal preference to have all together)
and put into another installation (configured the same way).
Now, without editing any database fields and without editing any loading
files (no possibility for any typo) the configuration is used
(a little bit of modification for THIS Project, and all is ready)

--
image[FORMAT] - Ralf-René Schröder
http://www.image-format.eu ... Wir geben Ihrem Image das richtige Format