[TYPO3-english] [Templating] Separating 1st level menu and 2nd level menu?

PIT Solutions typo3 at pitsolutions.com
Tue Oct 15 16:27:23 CEST 2013

Hi,

Yes, you need to give your root page id (PID) to the "special.value" parameter.

For example;
    Suppose your root page id is "1". Then the script becomes;

temp.sub_naviguation = HMENU
temp.sub_naviguation {
    special = directory
    special.value = 1
    wrap = <div id="main_naviguation">|</div>
    1 = TMENU
    1 {
        expAll = 0
        NO = 1
        NO.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="menu1-level1-no">|</li>
        ACT = 1
        ACT.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="menu1-level1-act">|</li>
    }
    2 < .1
    2.wrap = <div id="sub_naviguation">|</div>
}

Here we give the root page id "1" as the directory value. Then the script takes all the
subages of this id.

I hope you know the exact meaning of each line in the above script.

For 2 level menu you can use the above script. In the above example,
the main menu wrapped inside <div id="main_naviguation"> and the submenu wrapped inside

If your templating is correct, then obviously you got the value in the following script;

# Main TEMPLATE cObject for the BODY
temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.mainTemplate {
  [...]
  subparts.sub_naviguation < temp.sub_naviguation
  [...]
}

Please analyse your code through Typoscript object browser.

I hope this will help you.

With Regards,
  Arun Chandran
  Software Engineer