[TYPO3-english] Upgrade solr extension 2.5.0 to 2.8.2/2.8.3

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Oct 14 13:47:58 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 14-10-2013 10:17, Web Essentials - Support (Math Man) wrote:
>> I am working on upgrading TYPO3 Source and extension. Currently, I am
>> trying to upgrade solr extension from version 2.5.0 to 2.8.3.
>> I found an error in my scheduler setup (Please see the screenshot) and
>> the search result does not work anymore. Did I miss something or any
>> suggestion to deal with?

IIRC there were some changes in the past (don't remember which versions
that happened) that required some changes to get the search working again:

- check compatibility with the solr server version (Reports module will
tell you about the versions of the XML files for the server
configuration). You might need to upgrade the solr server or use a newer
solr server installation.

- some markers in the template (especially the search form) have a
different name

- some TS properties have different names or locations (templateFile ->
templateFiles, hightlighting -> resultHighlighting, ...).

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!