[TYPO3-english] DIR include of TypoScript

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Oct 9 08:24:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

> i think there is no other reason for the filetype filter in the DIR
> include, then for such usage...

It is exactly there for that purpose, but this doesn't mean we should
encourage people to use quite cryptic extensions.

I totally agree with Søren and Jigal here:

Resources/Private/Configuration/TypoScript/Constants/*
Resources/Private/Configuration/TypoScript/Setup/*
Resources/Private/Configuration/pageTSconfig/*
Resources/Private/Configuration/userTSconfig/*

is *much* more clear than different extensions. Just think about the
horror of having all your files mixed up together because they are
sorted alphabetically (which is needed to understand how it will be
included) and not first by extension.

> i think here is the time to follow the TYPO3 slogan "convention before
> configuration"

Sure! And this is the reason why I will encourage using different
folders, because it really meets what we have started to do for
extensions since the introduction of Extbase/Fluid and its autoloader.

Anyway, what is great with TYPO3 is the freedom we all have so that you
can choose whatever fits you best and even mix different methods if you
want.

Kind regards

> PS: and for .ts2 you are right, this is FLOW/NEOS but there it is just
> as important to standardize this... otherwise we will have in the future
> thousends of snippets, and noone knows for what to use...

I would hope they get categorized anyway and not simply listed... :)

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!