[TYPO3-english] DIR include of TypoScript

Ralf-Rene Schröder ralf.rene at online.de
Wed Oct 9 00:19:53 CEST 2013

Am 08.10.2013 20:55, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> On 8-10-2013 0:48, Ralf-Rene Schröder wrote:
>> i think at this time it could be very usefull to standardize the
>> fileextension that are normaly to be used... so everybody can realize
>> for what target the TypoScript is...
>
> This adds more complexity for the average user :-(

maybe on the first view,
at the moment many new users are confused with the same Typoscript
structure for 4 types of usage... standardisid filetypes maybe helps here...

i think here is the time to follow the TYPO3 slogan "convention before
configuration"

i.e.: have a look at the introduction package
(i don't love it, but for many it is the basic)
a "big" configuration tree
for many single parts, and for all extensions there is an own folder...
wonderfull...

such an extensionfolder holds i.e. a setup.ts and a constants.ts and
maybe also a pageTSconfig.ts is used for many extensions...
we have many file for diferent targest, all with the same filetype in
many folders...
all includes have to be FILE based (as it is now)...
long lists with includes for all the setup files, the constant files and
may be the pageTSconfig files... and so on...
if you have to add an extension in this format you have to edit all
theese lists...

if for every target there is an own filetype, then only ONE line with
the DIR include gets all setup files, a second line for the constants
and a third line for pageTSconfig...

AND !!! if you add an extension from another project with similar
configuration, only copy the folder in the tree, and all files are
includes automaticly...

i think there is no other reason for the filetype filter in the DIR
include, then for such usage...

OK, it is no Problem to do so for myself (be sure, i will do so)...
but then we have the Problem that every cooks his own soup...
a standard would be the much more better way...

PS: and for .ts2 you are right, this is FLOW/NEOS but there it is just
as important to standardize this... otherwise we will have in the future
thousends of snippets, and noone knows for what to use...

--
image[FORMAT] - Ralf-René Schröder
http://www.image-format.eu ... Wir geben Ihrem Image das richtige Format