[TYPO3-english] DIR include of TypoScript

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Oct 8 20:55:42 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 8-10-2013 0:48, Ralf-Rene Schröder wrote:
> i think at this time it could be very usefull to standardize the
> fileextension that are normaly to be used... so everybody can realize
> for what target the TypoScript is...

This adds more complexity for the average user :-(

> for every type of use (and for the upcoming ts2) an own filetype
> (theese types could be registered as alowed file types by standard)
>
> .ts ... Typoscript (no special type)
> .ts1 ... Typoscript normal style, without any include target
> .ts1c ... Typoscript for files targeting to be included in TSconstants
> .ts1s ... Typoscript for files targeting to be included in TSsetup

Why not use separate directories for these if you have to include a lot
of constants and setup.

> .ts1p ... Typoscript for files targeting to be included in pageTSconfig
> .ts1u ... Typoscript for files targeting to be included in userTSconfig

While these share the basic structure and syntax of TypoScript, I prefer
to call these TSconfig. They don't have the same features as TypoScript
and have a different target environments (TypoScript is for frontend,
TSconfig for backend).
The same syntax is also used in backend layouts, form definitions, but I
certainly wouldn't call that TypoScript.

> .ts2 ... Typoscript-2 upcoming style for flow,
> .ts2c ... if there ist somthing comparable for constants
> .ts2s ... if there ist somthing comparable for setup
> .ts2p ... if there ist somthing comparable for pageTSconfig
> .ts2u ... if there ist somthing comparable for userTSconfig

That's flow and not TYPO3 CMS.

Sorry, these rather cryptic extensions are not very easy to understand.
It's far easier to use a directory structure. For example:

Resources/Private/Configuration/TypoScript/Constants/*
Resources/Private/Configuration/TypoScript/Setup/*
Resources/Private/Configuration/pageTSconfig/*
Resources/Private/Configuration/userTSconfig/*

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!