[TYPO3-english] Localize images in a content element - in an automatic way?

Tobias Liegl tliegl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 17:17:26 CEST 2013

Hi

in a TYPO3 4.x installation with more languages and a one-to-one
translation I normally add this snippet:

$GLOBALS['TCA']['tt_content']['columns']['image']['l10n_mode'] =
'mergeIfNotBlank';

So i only have to add images in the content element in the main
language, and the translated content elements will automatically show
the image from the main language element.

With TYPO3 6.x the handling is a bit differen it seems. When I use this
setting, I translate the content element and afterwards I have to
manually localize every image in the translated content element, so they
will be shown in the translation. If I add a new image in the main
language, I have to localize this image again. This is nearly the same
amount of work for an editor as adding the image in the translated
element without the above setting.

So my question is: Is there an easier way to localize images, so that an
editor doesn't have to manually localize every image? Can this be done
automatically with a setting somewhere?

Regards
Tobi