[TYPO3-english] DIR include of TypoScript

Nico Deblauwe nico at bluepundit.eu
Tue Oct 8 14:11:48 CEST 2013

Hi Ralf, Soeren,

*>> ... it could be very useful to standardize the file extensions that
are normally to be used.*
+1 for this idea. Actually anything that helps differentiating "visually"
between the different kinds of TypoScript that are available, is welcome.
E.g. something as simple as a different color in the margin (easy to
realize with the different file extensions I guess, more difficult if it
should be deducted from the content dynamically, e.g. in mixed files).

*> ... it's already known under the same name: TypoScript*
.. exactly that all four types of TS have the same name (namely TypoScript)
leads to a lot of confusion for beginning (and semi-experienced) TYPO3
developers. It has cost me already a lot of lost time, trying to track the
subtle differences when trying to get something done. Especially when it is
put in a file and no longer is added to a page, or user record in the
backend.

*> I will much more hope that people can structure there files in to
directories*
This is also a very useful suggestion, but I prefer it in combination with
Ralf's suggestion as this ads a more rigid structure possibility.

My five cents,

Nico