[TYPO3-english] twitter bootstrap demo and css modifications

Alessandro Tuveri at at uniud.it
Mon Oct 7 14:39:37 CEST 2013

HI
I prefer to reserve the extension "speciality" exclusively for the
site that I build.
So every time I modify it I download the +ext e reuse for that site.
I don't know if this is correct but reading the instruction here:

https://github.com/Ecodev/bootstrap_package

it seems that the "speciality" +ext is reserved to do this, have a
look to the  section:
Adding a new layout

where the programmes suggest to modify the layout files directly into
the Private folder.

Obviously if you modify TS and other putting it into other location
and all works correctly, this should be better solution.

On my case I prefer to save the +ext each time, until the site goes on
production, so I can restore a previous version and update my DESKTOP
easily,

thank you

Quoting Mauro Lorenzutti <mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com>:

> Hi Alessandro,
>
> by midifying that file directly, you will loose your changes when
> upgrading the extension. It's better to create a local copy of the
> templates and css files and then modify them.
>
> Ciao,
> --
>
> Mauro Lorenzutti
>
> CTO / Software Architect
> mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
> Tel.   +39-0427-926.389
>
> WEBFORMAT srl -- www.webformat.com
> Via S. Francesco d'Assisi, 6 -- 20122 MILANO
> Corte Europa, 12 - 33097 SPILIMBERGO (PN)
>
> *** TYPO3 Certified Integrator *** - *** Magento Certified Developer ***
>

> Il 07/10/2013 11:19, Alessandro Tuveri ha scritto:
>> HI
>> maybe I'm wrong but...
>> for twitter bootstrap (introduction package) I modify only the file named:
>>
>> typo3conf/ext/speciality/Resources/Public/Styles/main.css
>>
>> adding my styles or to override existing css rules.
>>
>> Quoting Andreas Becker <ab.becker at web.de>:
>>
>>> Hi Katja
>>> I did not had a look at the DEMO Package you are using.
>>>
>>> If it is using less or sass you might check the less or sass settings.
>>> Usually the order of the files is mentioned here and you can change it.
>>> In general you need to modify the scss or less files and NOT the CSS files
>>> as those get written automatically.
>>>
>>> There is either a file or branch under fileadmin or/and an extension in
>>> typo3/ext which keeps all settings.
>>>
>>> Andi

>> ALESSANDRO TUVERI

>> AREA SERVIZI INFORMATICI E MULTIMEDIALI