[TYPO3-english] typo3 reputation...

Dave Hornford dave at qillaq.com
Mon Oct 7 00:21:43 CEST 2013

React how?

Post, respond, correct? Why bother?
It is 3 or 4 years old and has 200 comments.
You can find something similar for everything from Typo3 to Boeing 737s
No-one who posted negatively will hear, listen or care. The worst are those
who got stuck.

Sadly, when you strip the hostile crap, most of the negative comments are
dead-on and represent a basic problem with the Typo3 platform. Despite
being far more powerful, flexible than the other mainstream CMS there is a
huge chasm that needs to be crossed just to start. From then on the chasm
will open again, and again at random. When there is documentation it is
usually a set of incomplete hints and suggestions for heads-down developers
very comfortable with the platform. Everyone else needs to get up to speed
on their own,

Frankly, the best reaction is to fix the documentation and tutorials.
Typo3 faces a huge barrier in this regard.