[TYPO3-english] Setting of TER mirror in TYPO3 6.x? Or change mirror concept?

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Sat Oct 5 12:16:06 CEST 2013

Christian, thanks for the offer. I think that should be discussed.
The one good thing with the mirrors.xml was that we could easily adjust
the URL of the mirror. So before you now hard-code
typo3.org/fileadmin/ter/, we might want to move that to ter.typo3.org
(which could just be the same nginx pointing to the old directory.

I see (esp. Asian) people crying out loud because the can't use any
mirrors near them, however I don't see problems for T3X downloads, but
only for the icons in the EM (huge number of requests with high delay
would really slow the loading process down).

Other than that (from my limited point of view) I don't expect lot of
problems. In Sept. the T3X downloads from the typo3.org server were 92GB
"only". Compared to our Git server (580GB in September, btw. thanks
Speedpartner / Stefan Neufeind for sponsoring) that's nothing.

How does that all relate to the concept of own TERs? Should that still
be possible? Will this be influenced by such a change?

Kind regards
Steffen

- --
Steffen Gebert