[TYPO3-english] Setting of TER mirror in TYPO3 6.x? Or change mirror concept?

André Spindler typo3 at andre-spindler.de
Fri Oct 4 12:29:14 CEST 2013

Hello,

I see that this threat is now going into a different direction.

I think the mirroring concept should be changed.
What about separating the extension management from extension download?
On typo3.org, there should stay the complete management of extensions like
version and security handling, documentation and so on.
When downloading a file, this could be done by delivering 301-headers to one
of the mirrors instead.
But this can only work if typo3.org is notified about the sync status of the
mirrors.
Perhaps it makes things easier if typo3.org has its "own" download mirror
(at ter.typo3.org). If this is an own vhost and separated from the
management, its sync should be easier done using rsync or some similar tool.

Has anyone here informations on how sourcefourge does the mirroring?

Regards,
André