[TYPO3-english] Setting of TER mirror in TYPO3 6.x?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Oct 3 14:54:10 CEST 2013

Hi,

> do you mean we should hardcode the typo3.org mirror in the Core, or shall we simply modify the mirror-list downloaded by the EM?

How often are the mirrors synchronized? Is it possible to synchronize a
bit more often?

Fetching the list of extensions from t3o but then fetching the actual
extension from a mirror which is not yet ready will fail.

Purpose of the mirrors is to spread load but it gives other problems
such as synchronizing the download counter (does somebody know if this
finally works or if only t3o is taken into account?).

Waiting a few hours was not a problem for a long time because we did not
have cron jobs to automatically reload the list, to monitor what's going
on, to alert if a security release is out, etc. Nowadays, we are getting
pinged really quickly when something happens and we see that users
expect much more than before with the concept of "synced mirror".

Or maybe we should delay the notification for a few hours until mirrors
are in sync? This leads to other issues :)

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!