[TYPO3-english] Is it possible to allow users to create profiles and use a log-in system with Typo3?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Oct 2 10:19:21 CEST 2013

Am 01.10.13 20:44, schrieb Lucía A. A.:
> Hi,
>
> I am preparing a webpage. One of the goals is to generate a database of people. For this, it is needed that users can create their own profiles and then log-in in such a way that their information is recognized later by the computer. They will fill several forms (I hope they are active and submit forms with comments quite often!), and I want to avoid that they are forced to enter their personal data each time they want to submit a form (and, therefore to have double records from the same person). That's why I think they must create profiles.
> When they log-in, they shouldn't have access to the administration site, but just to several forms (which must associate the contents the users fill with the personal information that is stored in the database).
>

> Is it possible to do something like that using Typo3?
> I'm new here!

there are multiple extensions available which enable self-registration
so users can register themself (double-opt-in) with or without admin
check and/or notification.
afterwards they a re able to log in.
special content like forms can be enabled depending on log in.

afterwards each form-handling (additional extensions) may store the uid
of the logged in user into the generated record (I would not store
individual copied fields into each record)

login is included in TYPO3 (sys-ext FE-login)

registration and form-extensions:
as the registration is just another form you may use the same extension
for forms for all.

you may look into ext:formhandler

bernd
--