[TYPO3-english] How to pass a parameter through a whole TYPO3 site in 4.5 respecting caching?

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Wed Nov 27 10:52:34 CET 2013

Hi newsgroup,

i have to pass a parameter through a whole TYPO3 site. The parameter
acts like a "partner-id". How can this be achived best in TYPO3 4.5
without leading to a wrong caching behaviour?

The install tool options [1] "cHashRequiredParameters",
"cHashOnlyForParameters" or "cHashExcludedParametersIfEmpty" do not yet
exist in 4.5 LTS.

The only solution i've found is setting no_cache=1 as soon as the
parameter is passed:

config.linkVars = L, myParam
[globalVar = GP:myParam > 0 ]
page.config.no_cache = 1
[global]

But is there any other and better possiblity to pass "myParam" without
having to set no_cache=1? I'm aware i could store my param into the
fe_user session, but this is not whished in this concrete case :(

Kind regards, Jan

[1] http://www.typo3-media.com/blog/chash-caching-typo3.html