[TYPO3-english] typo3 and ubuntu 13.10

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Nov 27 10:50:06 CET 2013

Am 27.11.13 10:32, schrieb elim qiu:
> There are typo3 packages in Synaptic Package Manager. But  the package
> description page says there are bugs that'll exit the script runtime...
>
> Also, some people says php5.5 is too new for eAccelerator etc. So is
> ubuntu 13.10 too new for typo3? Anyone install typo3 on ubuntu13.10
> successfully?
>
> What's the recommended os and version for typo3?  Thanks a lot.

don't know about 13.10 (I use 12.04 + all updates and upgrades)

once I had problems using eAccelerator as eAccelerator removes
doctype-comments from PHP sources which are neccessary for extbase
(which you can't avoid in newer TYPO3 installations)

a good replace is xcache. after that change TYPO3 installations run
without problems.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html