[TYPO3-english] Re: Re: Re: Stuck on first installation page

Gerry Hagberg ghagberg at xtra.co.nz
Fri Nov 22 06:01:36 CET 2013

Steffen

Thanks for replying. --- yes I meant 6.2 beta1
I was attempting to install the 6.1.5 tar.gz version on Linux (kubuntu 13.04 64-bit) in either xampp or bitnami lampp stack.
I experienced all of the problems described by the OP.
I had more success installing the .zip version in a Win7 virtual box, but the examples in the intro pkg didn't work right.

I have since discovered that bitnami provides a Typo3 module for the lampp stack and that installed flawlessly.

I recommend that you figure out what bitnami did and adjust your download packages -- or just direct people to the bitnami site.

Now, I just need to figure out how to drive it.

cheers,
Gerry