[TYPO3-english] Install Tool cant access local mysql

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Thu Nov 14 13:34:00 CET 2013

Hi Peter,

Meanwhile I also found the solution to my specific problem: my self-compiled
php-versions did not get the correct default mysql socket setting. It was solved
by setting the socket in php.ini for mysql, mysqli and pdo:
mysqli.default_socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
mysql.default_socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
pdo.default_socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

(the path depends on your system, mine is Ubuntu 13.10)

Loek