[TYPO3-english] Install Tool cant access local mysql

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Thu Nov 14 10:15:13 CET 2013

Hi Peter,

I just ran into this situation with a 6.2-dev installation. TYPO3 could not
connect to localhost, although username and password are correct. It did work
after changing to TCP/IP by connecting to 127.0.0.1 instead.

Let me know if it works with 127.0.0.1, I think the cause is a bug somewhere in
the core.

Loek