[TYPO3-english] Re: run a simple query to check for existence of a value

Calgacus map Brude calgach at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 20:16:26 CET 2013

now it seems like the crashes are caused by calling var_dump on the return objects from execute.  OK, so how do I check the results of the execute?   I can call getFirst or toArray but the results look the same to me  whether the query found something or not, I double checked the query against the database and it works in phpmyadmin sql interface anyway, returning 1 when it finds a match and 0 when not.