[TYPO3-english] Install Tool cant access local mysql

peter williams dec1 at geoaze.com
Wed Nov 13 17:00:54 CET 2013

Hello.

I'm trying to install and try out typo3 on my local mac osx lion.
I've installed apache2, php and mysql (via mac ports). All seem to be running as should.

I can connect to the mysql sever on the command line:

> /opt/local/lib/mysql56/bin/mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 7
Server version: 5.6.13 Source distribution

Ive unpacked the typo3 installation and entered
localhost/typo3/intropack-6.1.4/typo3/install/index.php
into my browser which then opens up the install tool with
"Installing TYPO3 6.1"

I enter/select:

Driver: mysql
Username: root
Password: same as on the command one client above
Host: localhost

However I get the error message:

There is no connection to the database!
(Username: root, Host: localhost, Using Password: YES)
Go to Step 1 and enter a valid username and password!

Whats wrong?
Im sure the password is the same as that which worked on the command line client.
Should I be entering something else for "Host".

Thanks very much in advance.