[TYPO3-english] "Server Error" on install page after creation of ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Nov 13 09:11:42 CET 2013

Am 12.11.13 15:57, schrieb Jennifer Koenig:
> Sooo... I found out what the problem was by checking out my apache
> error.log, which told me that the file "LocalConfiguration.php" was not
> writable.  The file (which should have been found in the directory
> "typo3conf") did not even actually exist.  Write permissions were all
> ok, but someone advised me to make sure that the owner of the whole web
> docroot was the same as the apache owner: otherwise the folder would not
> be writable.
> The owners were NOT the same, so we did a chown on the web document
> root, changing it to the same owner as the apache2 folder, and refreshed
> the page.  After that, everything worked!

a typical problem in a multiuser environment.
as long as the ftp-/ssh-user you use to work on the server is not the
same as the apache-user it is recommended to share a common (primary)
group and modify access to 664 for files and 775 for folders

find . -type f -exec chmod 664 '{}' \;
find . -type d -exec chmod 775 '{}' \;

a chown will help you until the next access via ssh or ftp where you
either can not access existing files and folders or create files or
folders apache can not access any more.

> On Ubuntu:
>
> check var/log/apache2/error.log
>
> check owners of running processes by typing in the command line: ps aux
>
> change owner recursively to (apache owner) on current directory (web
> docroot): chown -R apacheowner .

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html