[TYPO3-english] Re: Re: how to: getting usernames from database based on uid

Calgacus map Brude calgach at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 22:07:50 CET 2013

 for instance I tried this in my showAction:
$objectManger = t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_Extbase_Object_ObjectManager');
                // get repository
                $repository = $objectManger->get('Tx_Extbase_Domain_Repository_FrontendUserRepository ');
              //  $newObject = new Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser;
                $newObject =  $repository->findByUid($coupon->getCreator());  //this is the uid of whoever was loggin in
                print_r($newObject);
                echo $newObject->getUsername(); die;

but when that code runs I get:
Oops, an error occured!

"Tx_Extbase_Domain_Repository_FrontendUserRepository " is not a valid cache entry identifier.