[TYPO3-english] Provider forces customers to update their software

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Wed May 29 14:08:50 CEST 2013

Hi,

Well - if your provider is not able to secure your customer environment in
> such a way that running an outdated PHP application won't harm other
> customers or the rest of their "ecosystem", they should immediately look
> for better admins.

"Harming the rest of the ecosystem" is a weak term to use.. It can be a lot
of different issues.. A hacked extension/core, which may cause the server
to send spam, having the whole IP-range blocked in spam filter could be a
"harm of the ecosystem".

So I dont't blame the provider - actually I will take it as a signal of
interest in the software you are running.

Regards

Søren