[TYPO3-english] [TYPO3-dev] EXT:sphinx 0.4.0 available on TER

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue May 28 12:11:07 CEST 2013

Dear devs,

I just uploaded EXT:sphinx 0.4.0 to TER. As you certainly know, this
extension eases the preparation of a proper environment to render
Sphinx-based (ReStructuredText) documentation.

What's new:

- If you have installed Sphinx globally, you can use it as well from the
TYPO3 Backend

- Command line tools have been added to let you use your "TYPO3
environment" to build Sphinx documentation from the command line, as if
it were installed globally. Very handy for developers working on a local
TYPO3 install. And straightforward to run multiple versions of Sphinx
side by side.

- Highlight: Sphinx documentation viewer integrated in the Backend. A
picture (well a video) is worth a thousand words:

	http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gy6M-ond2E

Please note that the documentation viewer is now prettier (the video
dates back from my first prototype yesterday)

And as it is now really easy to render Sphinx-based extension manuals,
this extension now comes with a Sphinx documentation as well (I
temporarily kept the OOo version as the documentation team is not yet
ready to automate the process of compiling manuals in Sphinx; but this
should be ready in a few weeks now).

Happy documenting!

--
Xavier Perseguers