[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 (last version) can not be used on virutal hostings (porblems inside)

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri May 24 20:25:38 CEST 2013

Hi Dmitriy,

Dmitriy wrote:

> Does this system designed mostly for VDS/DS servers, it is needs more
> resources than Joomla 2.5+ or Drupal?

It does use more resources the Joomla and older Drupal installs.
TYPO3 CMS makes use of the PHP features commonly know as object oriented
programming and some programming patterns including MVC.

> On my localhost it installation crashed first because script exec time was
> too short (30 sec), okay, I've changed it to 300s.
The happens once a while, but usually only on really data heavy tasks.

> Than admin interface crashed sometimes with error about nesting php func,
> (was 100 max)  okay: xdebug.max_nesting_level = 500

Yes, that happens a lot in extbase modules. They really make use of modern
programming features in PHP.

> Than I've tried some virtual hoster (holds Drupal and Joomla pretty good)
> trying into package too. Have some errors in server logs. Also no one
> internal pages loading, Server error 500. Server  logs:

> Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable
> configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if
> necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace., referer:

Maybe a bug in the .htaccess? As far as I can see this looks more like an
Apache error than a PHP error.

TYPO3 runs fine on any better hosting.
BTW you should not load the xdebug module in a production setup.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!