[TYPO3-english] Problems creating a new website

Pierre Schavey pierre at schavey.be
Tue May 21 21:36:07 CEST 2013

Hi Pierre,

Pierre Schavey wrote:

> If I want to go to any of my pages I get the 404: Page not found error
>
> The same occurs on my local installation of Typo3. Obviously I am
> missing something, but what?

Most likely you forgot to rename the _.htaccess to .htaccess or your
webserver does not allow the rewrite directive.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe ? PGP-Key 0AD96065 ? TYPO3 UG Bonn/K?ln Documentation ? Active
contributor TYPO3 CMS

Hi Philippe

Thanks for your answer.
On my local installation I have .htaccess and _.htaccess.
But it should work on the online demo site demo.typo3.org, or am I mistaken?

Kind regards

Pierre