[TYPO3-english] TagPack not working with Workspaces, does a fix exist ?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue May 21 14:26:57 CEST 2013

Am 21.05.2013 12:23, schrieb Benoit Montereau:
> I've installed TagPack extension and can create categories and tags and of
> course assign somes tags to my pages.
>
> Everything is fine as long as I work in LIVE workspace but as I can see in
> bug #12560 description, it totally fails when working with an additional
> workspace.

This is due to the fact that tagpack has been designed for a client who
never used workspaces.
This again was due to the fact that workspaces were kind of messy, when
we started to develop tagpack for that client.

> As this is a major problem (all tags should be reassigned once the page or
> the content is published, can someone point me on a fix?

Currently there is no known fix, since the latest action happened more
than 2 years ago.
This is the reason, why you might run into problems with current
TYPO3-versions, since tagpack might be using deprecated methods and
definitely does not fit the new namespaced structures of TYPO3 6.0 +

Since we don't work for the client who actually sponsored tagpack
anymore due to ridiculously restrictive NDA policies, the development of
tagpack has stopped until we will find other sponsors to go on.

We have been thinking about doing a crowd funding project for it, since
this was quite successful for our Grid Elements extension, but currently
this is not on our roadmap.
If there will be enough interest and sponsoring for the further
development of tagpack, we will of course get back into action again.

But currently I just can say: Sorry - won't work!

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de