[TYPO3-english] tt_news and TYPO3 6.1

Christian Essl essl at incert.at
Tue May 21 10:39:36 CEST 2013

Most of the extensions extending tt_news out there are quite old and even more abandoned than tt_news itself.
On the other hand, news is based on extbase and fluid and modern programming paradigms.
For example, if you wanted to just extend the marker-based templates in tt_news a bit, you would have to register hooks or rely on an third-party extension. With fluid-based templates the concerns are separated and it's very easy to extend the view with your own viewhelpers to suit to your special needs.