[TYPO3-english] Problems creating a new website

Pierre Schavey pierre at schavey.be
Tue May 21 08:54:18 CEST 2013

Hello

I can't manage to create a new website with Typo3 although I used this
technique quite often with an earlier version. Guess I miss something basic,
but I can't figure out what. Can you please help me..

Used method:

.         I start the online demo site of Typo3 (demo.typo3.org) and log in
as admin

.         I copy the root page 'Welcome to Typo3' rename it to 'Test' and
enable it

.         Inside Test I create two new pages: 'Page 1' and 'Page 2' and
enable them

.         Inside 'Page 1' I create 'Page 1 1' and enable it

.         I put some text in each page in the 'Normal' column

.         When showing the Test homepage I can see Page 1 and Page 2 in the
horizontal menu

.         When showing Page 1 I can see Page 1 1 in het vertical menu

.         If I want to go to any of my pages I get the 404: Page not found
error

The same occurs on my local installation of Typo3. Obviously I am missing
something, but what??

Where can I find a good tutorial/reference about templates for a recent
version of Typo3 for relative beginners.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards

Pierre