[TYPO3-english] Assign categories/tags to Typo3 content to build page content?

Benoit Montereau bmontereau at gmail.com
Sat May 18 22:45:30 CEST 2013

My new website need to display most contents of the pages not based on the
normal block content but based on categories/tags assigned to the contents.

The expect behaviour is almost what is available for tt_news but I need to
assign categories/tags (defined by and administrator) to pages and/or
content elements.

The assigned categories should then be used to retrieve and list all
content(s) having a given category.

Can someone point me on an existing extension or a way to use Typo3 that
way?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Ben